Wednesday 24 April 2013

1st Person Creative Writing

We've all been there, you and I. It's been a long week, you've been working hard at work (or not) and it's now the weekend. YES! We both know what time it is. It's time to get dolled up and head out on the town. Be sensible I tell myself, not too much now! The night starts with drinking games, chanting 'down it' over and over again to my friends as we apply friendly peer pressure on the reluctant drinker. And then I wake up. I look around, take in the room I don't remember returning too. I lay there dazed and confused, what happened last night? I check my phone and there it is the facebook notifications, the 17 missed calls off my friends and the texts. I look through the notifications and cry out as I scroll through the pictures from last night. Oh what a state I was in. I hear a groan, startled I turn over and there, in MY bed is my best friend Mark. We both look at each other in surprise and then look under the covers. Both naked! Shit! We look at each other again...'did we errr?' I begin. 'I don't know' Mark cuts in. Oh God. We decided for the sake of our friendship that it didn't happen. And to this day we don't discuss it.

Sounds like a funny drunken story, right? And it was! Let's be honest, we've all ended up in a funny situation where alcohol has been involved because let's be serious, no funny story starts with a salad!

However whilst it's all fun and games when it comes to alcohol, it isn't necessarily always a pleasant ending for everyone. Did you know that where alcohol is involved it causes 15% of road traffic accidents, 26% of drownings and 36% of death involving fire. These statistics are considerably high, and I'm sure that whilst on a night out, getting harmed won't be on the agenda. But at the end of the day, were alcohol is concerned, you lack control of these situations. I had a friend who had one night had far too much to drink and went missing, she was later found in a little stream after she had stumbled and fell down a hill and sadly passed away from drowning.

No comments:

Post a Comment