Friday 5 October 2012

Paired camera work w/Becca

4/10/2012.
In todays camera work we reinforced the skills using the zoom and focus lenses on the camera. These skills ensure the picture is clear and not too close or too far away.

We used lines to draw a subject in to the main focus of the picture. The shot below shows this as an example. The problem with this image is that it is landscape rather than portrait. But you can see that the lines draw you in to the subject. I'm also not directly in the centre of the image so the first thing you see is the wall and the lines.

Another thing we used was using an object within the shot as a frame. In this image I possibly should have zoomed in slightly so that Becca's eyeline was above the rule of 3rd's. Here her eyeline is below. I could have had Becca stand somewhere towards the edge of the frame so that she wasn't dead set in the middle.
This is a tilt down shot, I learnt that the tilt down shot makes the subject within the shot (in this case Becca) powerless and the person viewing the picture more powerful. Again with this shot, I should have had placed Becca slightly out of the centre. The good thing about this shot however is that the shadow casted on her face makes her look slightly mysterious.
This is a tilt up shot of me taken by Becca. The lighting isn't very good and therefore you can't see all that much detail in my face. Tilt up shots have a tendency of not being very flattering for the nose and therefore the shots have to be carefully taken. I feel I could have been slightly off centre a bit more. Tilt up shots are used to make the person in the shot seem more powerful whilst the reader is slightly powerless.

I think that with more practise with lighting and using the zoom and focus lenses that the pictures I take will be clearer and easier to view.

No comments:

Post a Comment